History Valentin Alsina in 1855 founded the town that reminds Manuel Belgrano. The site chosen was the Camino Real or the High (now Avenida Cabildo) at the junction with Calle La Pampa. In 1896, the year in the hospital Pirovano, had seven area public schools, two railway lines, a tram to the center, a monumental temple, public library and industries. The population was 11,268, thus creating a hospital was a specific need. Beyond the tragic epidemic of yellow fever in 1871, other diseases, urged the creation of a health center. The neighbors, led by the Ladies of Charity, materialized on October 12, 1894 placing the foundation stone of the hospital in Belgrano. But on July 2, 1895 Dr. Ignacio Pirovano died and John B. Se orans, Secretary of Public Assistance, persuaded the Mayor of the City name the hospital with the name of Ignacio Pirovano prestigious surgeon.